|1||It all adds up!|
- Know the basic functions of the four systems covered and know they are inter-related.
- Explain the function of at least one internal organ.
- Understand the importance of food, water and oxygen, sleep and exercise for the human body and its health.
- Identify their own strengths and talents;
- Identify areas that need improvement and describe strategies for achieving those improvements.
|3||My school community|
- State what is meant by community;
- Explain what being part of a school community means to them;
- Suggest ways of improving the school community.
|4||Independence and responsibility|
- Identify people who are responsible for helping them stay healthy and safe;
- Identify ways that they can help these people.
- Describe 'star' qualities of celebrities as portrayed by the media;
- Recognise that the way people are portrayed in the media isn't always an accurate reflection of them in real life;
- Describe 'star' qualities that 'ordinary' people have.
|6||Basic first aid|
- Physical Health and Mental Wellbeing (Health Education) Basic first-aid 1. How to make a clear and efficient call to emergency services if necessary.
- Physical Health and Mental Wellbeing (Health Education) Basic first-aid 2. Concepts of basic first-aid, for example dealing with common injuries, including head injuries.