|1||Derek cook dinner!|
- Explain how each of the food groups on the Eatwell Guide (formerly Eatwell Plate) benefits the body;
- Explain what is meant by the term 'balanced diet';
- Give examples what foods might make up a healthy balanced meal.
- Explain how some infectious illnesses are spread from one person to another;
- Explain how simple hygiene routines can help to reduce the risk of the spread of infectious illnesses;
- Suggest medical and non-medical ways of treating an illness.
|3||Body team work|
- Name major internal body parts (heart, blood, lungs, stomach, small and large intestines, liver, brain);
- Describe how food, water and air get into the body and blood.
|4||For or Against?|
- Develop skills in discussion and debating an issue;
- Demonstrate their understanding of health and wellbeing issues that are relevant to them;
- Empathise with different view points;
- Make recommendations, based on their research.
|5||I am fantastic!|
- Identify their achievements and areas of development;
- Recognise that people may say kind things to help us feel good about ourselves;
- Explain why some groups of people are not represented as much on television/in the media.
- Explain some of the different talents and skills that people have and how skills are developed;
- Recognise their own skills and those of other children in the class.