- Describe some of the changes that happen to people during their lives;
- Explain how the Learning Line can be used as a tool to help them manage change more easily;
- Suggest people who may be able to help them deal with change.
|2||My feelings are all over the place!|
- Name some positive and negative feelings;
- Understand how the onset of puberty can have emotional as well as physical impact
- Suggest reasons why young people sometimes fall out with their parents;
- Take part in a role play practising how to compromise.
- Identify parts of the body that males and females have in common and those that are different;
- Know the correct terminology for their genitalia;
- Understand and explain why puberty happens.
|5||Secret or surprise?|
- Define the terms 'secret' and 'surprise' and know the difference between a safe and an unsafe secret;
- Recognise how different surprises and secrets might make them feel;
- Know who they could ask for help if a secret made them feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- Understand that marriage is a commitment to be entered into freely and not against someone's will;
- Recognise that marriage includes same sex and opposite sex partners;
- Know the legal age for marriage in England or Scotland;
- Discuss the reasons why a person would want to be married, or live together, or have a civil ceremony.
| || || |