Danger, risk or hazard?
- Define the terms 'danger', 'risk' and 'hazard' and explain the difference between them;
- Identify situations which are either dangerous, risky or hazardous;
- Suggest simple strategies for managing risk.
|2||How dare you!|
- Define what is meant by the word 'dare';
- Identify from given scenarios which are dares and which are not;
- Suggest strategies for managing dares.
|3||Keeping ourselves safe|
- Describe stages of identifying and managing risk;
- Suggest people they can ask for help in managing risk.
- Identify images that are safe/unsafe to share online;
- Know and explain strategies for safe online sharing;
- Understand and explain the implications of sharing images online without consent.
|5||Medicines: check the label|
- Understand that medicines are drugs;
- Explain safety issues for medicine use;
- Suggest alternatives to taking a medicine when unwell;
- Suggest strategies for limiting the spread of infectious diseases (e.g. hand-washing routines).