|1||Who helps us stay healthey and safe?|
- Explain how different people in the school and local community help them stay healthy and safe;
- Define what is meant by 'being responsible';
- Describe the various responsibilities of those who help them stay healthy and safe;
- Suggest ways they can help the people who keep them healthy and safe.
|2||It's your right|
- Understand that humans have rights and also responsibilities;
- Identify some rights and also responsibilities that come with these.
|3||How do we make a difference?|
- Understand the reason we have rules;
- Suggest and engage with ways that they can contribute to the decision-making process in school (e.g. through pupil voice/school council);
- Recognise that everyone can make a difference within a democratic process.
|4||In the news!|
- Define the word influence;
- Recognise that reports in the media can influence the way they think about a topic;
- Form and present their own opinions based on factual information and express or present these in a respectful and courteous manner.
|5||Safety in numbers|
- Explain the role of the bystander and how it can influence bullying or other anti-social behaviour;
- Recognise that they can play a role in influencing outcomes of situations by their actions.
|6||Why pay taxes?|
- Explain what is meant by the terms 'income tax', 'National Insurance' and 'VAT';
- Understand how a payslip is laid out showing both pay and deductions;
- Prioritise public services from most essential to least essential.