|1||What's the story?|
- Identify, write and discuss issues currently in the media concerning health and wellbeing;
- Express their opinions on an issue concerning health and wellbeing;
- Make recommendations on an issue concerning health and wellbeing.
|2||Fact or opinion?|
- Understand the difference between a fact and an opinion;
- Understand what biased reporting is and the need to think critically about things we read.
|3||Mo makes a difference|
- Explain what we mean by the terms voluntary, community and pressure (action) group;
- Give examples of voluntary groups, the kind of work they do and its value.
|4||Rights, respect and duties|
- Define the differences between responsibilities, rights and duties;
- Discuss what can make them difficult to follow;
- Identify the impact on individuals and the wider community if responsibilities are not carried out.
- State the costs involved in producing and selling an item;
- Suggest questions a consumer should ask before buying a product.
|6||Lend us a fiver?|
- Define the terms loan, credit, debt and interest;
- Suggest advice for a range of situations involving personal finance.
| || || |