|1||Helping each other to keep safe|
- Identify key people who are responsible for them to stay safe and healthy;
- Suggest ways they can help these people.
- Understand the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion';
- Understand how an event can be perceived from different viewpoints;
- Plan, draft and publish a recount using the appropriate language.
|3||Our helpful volunteers|
- Define what a volunteer is;
- Identify people who are volunteers in the school community;
- Recognise some of the reasons why people volunteer, including mental health and wellbeing benefits to those who volunteer.
|4||Can Harold afford it?|
- Understand the terms 'income', 'saving' and 'spending';
- Recognise that there are times we can buy items we want and times when we need to save for items;
- Suggest items and services around the home that need to be paid for (e.g. food, furniture, electricity etc.)
- Explain that people earn their income through their jobs;
- Understand that the amount people get paid is due to a range of factors (skill, experience, training, responsibility etc.)
|6||Harold's environment project|
- Define what is meant by the environment;
- Evaluate and explain different methods of looking after the school environment;
- Devise methods of promoting their priority method.