|1||Can you sort it?|
- Define the terms 'negotiation' and 'compromise';
- Understand the need to manage conflict or differences and suggest ways of doing this, through negotiation and compromise.
|2||What would I do?|
- List some of the ways that people are different to each other (including differences of race, gender, religion);
- Recognise potential consequences of aggressive behaviour;
- Suggest strategies for dealing with someone who is behaving aggressively.
|3||The people we share our world with|
- List some of the ways in which people are different to each other (including ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, customs and festivals);
- Define the word respect and demonstrate ways of showing respect to others' differences.
|4||That is such a stereotype!|
- Understand and identify stereotypes, including those promoted in the media.
|5||Friend or acquaintance?|
- Recognise that they have different types of relationships with people they know (e.g. close family, wider family, friends, acquaintances);
- Give examples of features of these different types of relationships, including how they influence what is shared.
- Understand that they have the right to protect their personal body space;
- Recognise how others' non-verbal signals indicate how they feel when people are close to their body space;
- Suggest people they can talk to if they feel uncomfortable with other people's actions towards them.