|1||Respect and Challenge|
- Reflect on listening skills;
- Give examples of respectful language;
- Give examples of how to challenge another's viewpoint, respectfully.
|2||Family and Friends|
- Recognise that there are many different types of family;
- Understand what is meant by 'adoption' 'fostering' and 'same-sex relationships.'
- Define the term 'community';
- Identify the different communities that they belong to;
- Recognise the benefits that come with belonging to a community, in particular the benefit to mental health and wellbeing.
|4||Our friends and neighbours|
- Explain that people living in the UK have different origins;
- Identify similarities and differences between a diverse range of people from varying national, regional, ethnic and religious backgrounds;
- Identity some of the qualities that people from a diverse range of backgrounds need in order to get on together.
|5||Let's celebrate our differences|
- Recognise the factors that make people similar to and different from each other;
- Recognise that repeated name calling is a form of bullying;
- Suggest strategies for dealing with name calling (including talking to a trusted adult).
- Understand and explain some of the reasons why different people are bullied;
- Explore why people have prejudiced views and understand what this is.