WELCOME TO OAKWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
On behalf of everyone at Oakwood Junior School we would like to welcome you to our website. We invite you to explore the site which is designed to share with you the life and enjoyment generated by being a part of Oakwood Junior School, a school which we are all very proud of.
To celebrate excellence and achievement in ALL that WE do.
Aims for pupils
Oakwood Junior School promotes high achievement and learning by working with children to:-
- become highly motivated to learn with an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity
- try their best to achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- have high self-esteem by respecting and working well with others
- take pride in their work and be able to work independently and collaboratively
- look after their school and those in it – respecting themselves and the environment.
Mission for the school
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing high quality in:-
- a broad and challenging curriculum
- an enriching programme of opportunities activities, visitors and visits
- a stimulating learning environment
- an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement
- a learning partnership within the wider community
We feel a partnership between children, parents and the community is crucial to achieving our aim. We hope this website will provide you with lots of useful information and a flavour of life at our thriving school. If you would like to know more you are very welcome to visit us – please contact the school to make an appointment.
Steve Darby – Head Teacher